Can you believe it? It’s happened, it’s finally happened. I got an award! This is so great and wonderful and awesome, I don’t know if I can contain myself!
What award you ask? Why, the prestigious LIEBSTER AWARD!
What do you mean, you’ve never heard of it?
To be honest, I hadn’t either. That’s ok, we’ll learn together.
The Liebster Award is a blog award, intended to celebrate blogs with less than 200 followers. The catch is that you have to give the award to five more blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I think I can do that.
1. MICHAEL J. WINEGAR. He’s the founder of the COWRDS (a Company Of Writers Really Determined to Succeed) and a good friend. I first met him two years ago and he’s come to be a great fountain of support when it comes to all things writing.
2. DANIEL A. CAMPISI. Aside from being my best friend, and fellow host of Reality Check Fail – Pop Culture Radio, Dan has taught me just how vicious editing needs to be to make a strong story. He usually has lots of nice art on his tumblr, which you should check out because it’s awesome.
3. MICHAEL HUANG. Along with Dan, Mike and I discuss our current writings once a week, peer review style. It’s a lot of fun and we get good feedback out of the deal. Mike’s also is the founder of a “little” outfit called Anime Diet, discussing any and all things anime.
4. CLARE MCBRIDE. I met Clare at Dragon*Con through Mike Winegar. Of all the people I’ve ever met, she’s the only one who aspires to be an editor for a major publisher. She’s brilliant, well-read, and one of the few people who suggests books for me to read that I actually end up reading.
5. MIKE WHITACRE. (I know a lot of guys named Mike/Michael.) Mike is the kind of guy who can do it all. Ebooks, poetry, reading what other writers–like me–are working on. He recently paid me one of the finest compliments I’ve ever gotten for my writing and I didn’t even have to bribe him to do it.
Sure, I might have broken the rules and put up some links for people who have more than 200 followers. This is my list though, so I can praise whoever I want! Since we’re on the topic of praising people, there’s one person I would like to thank.
SHEN HART is a writer I met through Google+ and I’ve come to talk to her quite a bit. I feel comfortable sharing plot ideas with Shen, as well as just talking about other things–our writing, the trials of getting published in the digital age, and so much more. She tossed the award my way, but more than that, she’s someone I like calling a friend. Sure she drives on the wrong side of the road, but I’m not going to count that against her.
Shen’s got some things upcoming and I think she might surprise some people when they come out. Aside from her own ambitions, I gladly send her samples of my writing every week just to make sure I’m maintaining my high standards. I think of Shen as one of my biggest fans and I think you might end up being a fan of her as well.
I know I am.
Here’s to you all, my friends. May you and your dreams meet on the crossroads of your journey.