For the past couple of years, I’ve spent Labor Day weekend in Atlanta, Georgia, going to Dragon*Con. If you don’t know about it, Dragon*Con is a huge party that’s got a book convention, a D&D/Role Playing convention, movie/TV convention, and all sorts of, well, fun.
Let me run down a few things I’ve pulled off in past years, as well as some goals for this year.So, in the past, I’ve pulled off the following:
- Got two short stories published.
- Discovered just how far I’m willing to go to get my books out there.
- Met some of the most wonderful people I’ve ever met.
I put a lot on meeting the COWRDS, because they are such wonderful people, brilliant and full of new ideas. You guys push me more than I’ve been pushed, and in indirect ways . Progress is progress, and I love sharing each weekly victory with all of you.
Ok, so, this year’s goals:
- Talk to someone in the industry about them taking a look at Mind & Machine
- Find some new possibilities for short fiction work
- Talk up Tome of Ideas
- Meet more writers
- Find more people to read my work, especially before I try to send it anywhere.
Those are the plans at least. Let’s see how many I can get through.